Sunday, August 1, 2010
2. Give the mixture a good stir then pour in corn oil and syrup.
3. Toss together, making sure all the dry ingredients are coated with the liquid.
4. Spread onto a lined baking pan measuring 9" x 13".
5. Bake at 170C for about 30 - 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally to ensure mixture browns evenly. (The browner the granola gets (without burning) the crunchier the granola will be.)
6. Leave to cool before mixing in the raisins.
(i) The granola will still be soft and sticky when removed from the oven but it will become crisp and dry as it cools. Stir while it is still warm to break up any large clumps. Once the granola has completely cooled, store in airtight container.
(ii) The raisins and nuts can be replaced with dried fruits and nuts of your choice.