Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Though most of the time Hubby, Sydney and I will have dinner together, there are times like tonight that hubby can't join us for dinner due to work commitment. Since there are only two of us, I decided to make a one dish pasta meal. As this is a last minute decision, I only had what's left in my fridge to rely on.
I usually use spaghetti for this dish but this time round I substituted it with Angel Hair pasta. Reason being, Angel Hair pasta cook much faster. It only required to be boiled for 2 minutes (quicker than instant Maggi noodle). This brings back memories of how my mom used to comment that I always look for the shortest way possible to get things done. Her rational is lazy people will find quick way out. But in this modern day, this is called process improvement and I like to think that back then I was already practising process improvement *wink*.
150g Angel Hair pasta
1 capsicum, roasted, skin removed and sliced
5 fresh brown mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp chopped local celery
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
dried chilli flakes to taste (I replace with ground paprika)
freshly ground black pepper to taste
salt to taste
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Boil pasta according to instruction provided on packaging.
2. Heat olive oil and fry garlic for 1 minute.
3. Stir in mushroom, capsicum and celery.
4. Add in pasta and some of the leftover water used to boil pasta.
5. Add salt and ground pepper and stir fry for 2 minutes.
6. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.