When I chanced upon this cupcake recipe from the Crazy about Cupcakes book, I was a little skeptical as this recipe has milk in it. I always thought that mash banana by itself is already moist enough, why the milk then.
Honestly, I did not have much faith in this recipe. But surprisingly these cupcakes turn out not only moist but also fluffy and nice.
Here is the recipe that I have adapted for sharing:-
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 large eggs
2 large bananas, mashed (approx. 1 cup)
1 3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Sift all the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence till light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
4. Stir in mashed bananas.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients alternate with milk ending with the dry ingredients.
6. Fill paper cups to 3/4 full and bake in oven preheated to 180C for 15 to 20 minutes.