Monday, June 9, 2008
Chocolate Marble Cake
Last Thursday and Friday were great as I was on leave and spent most part of the days lazing around doing nothing much but watching my favourite Taiwan soap opera - The Prince who turn into a frog. I am not shy to admit that at this age (neither that young or ehm....old) there is still this little girl in me who enjoys a good fairy tale story with happy ending. I hate the reality of life which is full of broken marriages and relationships.
Since I was on leave there were no excuses not to bake something. But as most of my time was spent watching the Taiwan soap opera and since the show was quite interesting, I didn't want to spent too much time in the kitchen baking. Therefore I decided on this Chocolate Marble Cake that is really fast to prepare. The entire preparation only took me about 30 minutes and when 30 minutes was up I was able to continue with the show while waiting for the cake to finish baking (cheeky grin).
Here's the recipe for Chocolate Marble Cake:-
250g self-raising flour
200g castor sugar
100g semi sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
4 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
3. Fold in flour alternate with milk ending with flour.
4. Divide batter into 2 portions and stir melted chocolate into one of the portion.
5. Spoon plain cake batter into greased cake pan.
6. Spoon chocolate mixture over the plain cake mixture.
7. Swirl batter with a spatula to create marble effect.
8. Bake at 180 for 40 to 50 min.