Most of the time I used milk for my scones but so happen I had some leftover cream from the recent batch of quiche that I made. Therefore for these batch of scones I used cream instead. I must said that scones made of cream are richer in taste and the texture is finer than those made with milk.
I served my scones with whipped cream and strawberry jam. The cream melted a little due the the hot weather and my short cut in not whipping the cream well. Nevertheless it still taste yummy.
Here's the recipe for the above scones :-
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp castor sugar
A pinch of salt
3/4 cup cream
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp raisins (or more depending on preference)
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
2. Add sugar and rub in butter to resemble bread crumbs.
3. Add in raisins and make a well in the centre.
4. Add in cream and water.
5. Mix quickly using palate knife to form a soft dough.
6. Knead briefly using only fingers until smooth.
7. Flatten dough to 2 cm thickness.
8. Cut with 5 inch round cutter.
9 Baked in oven pre-heated to 200C for 15 to 20 minutes.