Home

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cinderella Cake

Yes, I DID IT!!!

Since I started the Wilton Course, I have received a lot of encouragement and support from my friends and colleagues. Especially the one who sits next to me in my office. We share a special kind of friendship, though to some people we may seen to be constantly fighting.......(nothing physical). That is because we exchange sarcastic remarks of each other.

With her encouragement and challenges, I have improved a lot in my cake deco skill. Her latest challenge for me is to bake a Cinderella cake for her daughter's birthday. This pressure has been on since a month ago. And it continue to build up over time as she constantly reminds me that the cake must meet her high standard (*cold sweat* even though I know she was only joking).

Initially, I had doubt whether I can do it or not. But somehow I feel the need to give it my best shot since she has so much faith in me.

The entire cake took me approximately 3 1/2 hours to decorate and here are some pictures of the work in progress.....






And........here's the final product....




Here's the comparison of mine to the one appearing in Wilton's book.




Ya..... I know I know, there's still plenty of room for improvement. But for the time being, I think I can give myself a pat on the back for a job well done........ (self praise).

No comments: