Home

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Last Minute Cake

Due to my busy schedule I usually bake only on weekends; if there is any request. However, I have this close friend who requested for a birthday cake in the middle of the week. Since we have known each other for so long and she has always been there for me, I just do not have the heart to turn her down.


I received her request on Tuesday for delivery on Thursday *faint*. With such tight schedule, I will have to work at night after a HARD day's work in the office........ so I baked the cake on Tuesday night, frost it on Wednesday night and deliver on Thursday morning...


Fortunately, I still have some royal icing flowers that I made ealier on for my cake deco classess.............these flowers really save my day *phew*.


And here's the cake...




Hi Carrie, hope you like the cake.....

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

can i ask for advice on how you ice the cake so evenly and 'clean'? Mine usually end up with cake crumbs speckled on the cake. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ling's Passion said...

charming : Thanks for dropping by. In order to get nice icing without speckle - (1) you have to start with thick icing (2) slowly spread icing using a to and fro motion without touching the cake (3) use a turn table to help rotating the cake. There are a lot of site on the internet that provide tips of how to ice a cake. Hope these help.