Tuesday, October 5, 2010
My pile of work is yelling out to me. I am all stressed out. The weather is no better. It has been raining cats and dogs for many days now. I needed a break, I needed to bake something to distress. The next thing that came to my mind is this superb choc-cheese brownies.
125g dark chocolate
175g castor sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
For cheese topping
250g cream cheese
1 large egg
50g castor sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave oven or over a pot of boiling water.
2. Leave to cool slightly and stir in sugar and vanilla essence.
3. Then stir in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
4. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
5. Pour into an 8 inch square pan.
6. Drop spoonful of topping onto the brownies mixture.
7. Run a knife through the mixture to give the swirl effect.
8. Bake at 180C for 30 to 35 mins.
Beat cream cheese, egg, castor sugar and lemon juice until smooth.