Home

Monday, June 21, 2010

Superman Cake for Fathers' Day


This is the Fathers' Day cake that I baked for Fathers' Day celebration in church.  What could be more ebb than a Superman cake for Fathers' Day.  This Superman image of fathers stem from the close relationship that I shared with my dad.  He is my Superman as he has always been there to share my problem, give advice and provide support in time of need. 

This is a chocolate marble cake decorated with buttercream.  The Superman image is a pre-printed image on sugar paste which I bought from the baking supply shop.

On a separate note, I didn't realised that I have been away from the blog sphere for such a long time.  A check on my last post showed that it has been more than a month since I last posted on my blog.  My work has taken over a large part of my life.  It is times like this that I wish that I am old enough to retire and concentrate on things that I love to do.  There are tons and tons of things that I have in mind to do when I retire but the top of my list is to try out all the recipe books that I have collected over the years..... 

4 comments:

Agnes CF Lee said...

it looks like a huge & solid cake. will check out your recipe.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow, really beautiful cake!

The Caked Crusader said...

That is a BIG cake - lovely icing, you've done a great job

Ling's Passion said...

Agnes : Thanks for droppping by.

Little Corner : Thanks

Caked Crusader : Thanks for the encouragement.