There are some cookies that never get out of season when it comes to Chinese New Year. One of them is the faithful peanut cookies that appear in many household year in year out. The other cookies that have the same good fortune is Butter Cookies.
Who can resist a sweet buttery cookie with its melt in the mouth texture. Butter Cookies are easy to fix up. All you need is flour, icing sugar and of course butter. As the key ingredient is butter, a good quality butter will make a difference. After my terrible encounter with Anchor Butter (in my previous post), I decided to use SCS butter for these Butter Cookies. And they tasted heavenly.
70g icing sugar
200g plain flour
50g corn flour
1. Cream butter and icing sugar till slightly pale.
2. Fold in sifted plain flour and corn flour.
3. Fill a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
4. Pipe cookies on lined baking tray.
5. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 170C for approximately 15 minutes.
Note - Cookies should not be golden brown but be slightly pale in colour after baking.