When I baked this Orange Butter Cake yesterday, I did not intend to post it here. This cake was made in a rush in between appointments. With minimum time to spare, decorating it was never in my mind. Hence, this was served as it is this morning for our after service coffee fellowship in church.
Despite being done in a hurry and with no decoration, this cake tasted wonderfully good. The orange juice and rind gave a nice balance to the richness of the butter cake. To make this cake, I used a pound cake recipe but added in 1/3 cup of orange juice and rind from 1 orange.
Recipe for pound cake:-
250g self-raising flour
4 large eggs
1/3 cup orange juice
rind from 1 orange
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in eggs, 1 at a time and mix well after each addition.
3. Stir in orange rind.
4. Fold in flour alternate with orange juice.
5. Pour into a well greased 8 inch square pan.
6. Bake in a preheated oven of 170C for 30 - 45 min.