Home

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Waffles

Christmas is the only time of the year that my house is transformed from the usual quiet home of 3 to a house full of activities and noises accommodating 14 people including children. Each year my entire family will celebrate Christmas with us. Unlike me, the rest of my family members are Buddhist. Even then they have never treated me any different and I thank God for this. In fact, every year the children look towards celebrating this season with us as I'll pamper them with food, shopping and presents.

It is during time like this that I am challenged to prepare food for a larger crowd. Although this time round my mother did most of the cooking, but I still make time to prepare the children's favourite breakfast......WAFFLES.




I like my waffles light and fluffy, therefore I used yeast instead of baking powder and here's the recipe:-

Ingredients

2 cups warm milk

2 tsp yeast

4 eggs

2 1/2 cup plain flour

1/2 tsp salt

2 tbsp sugar

1/2 cup melted butter

Pour warm milk into mixing bowl.

Stir in yeast and leave for 10 to 15 minutes until mixture turns frothy.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and sugar and make a well in the centre.

Then stir all the wet ingredients into the flour mixture (as for me, I use an electric mixer to mix them together).

Let mixture stand to proof for 45 minutes.

Cook in a hot waffle iron.

Serve waffles either with jam and butter or any toppings of your choice.



No comments: