Home

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Grandchildren on Cake

My dad celebrated his 69th birthday last month - September. At first, I plan to order him a nice cake. But since I have completed my Wilton Course 1, guess it is the time to put my newly acquired skill to test.

After much consideration, decided to bake him a birthday cake with faces of all the grandchildren on it. My parents have 6 grandchildren, 2 from my younger brother-CS, 3 from my youngest sister-Peng and I have 1.

This is how the cake look like. This is a butter cake with buttercream frosting. The faces were made by frosting store bought round cookies (no time to bake), then decorated with supposedly faces of my nephews and nieces. However, non of them could recognise themselves (what a failure....*sob sob*) To be fair, I too couldn't recognise them myself.....ha...ha..ha.... Looks like I need a lot more practices.




Even though dad did not receive any formal education due to poverty, he has been a great influence in my life. He has taught me values that see me through my ups and downs in life. One value that I carry till this day is - think before you decide, most of the time you can't undo your decisions.

Although these days we have better resources, I'm not sure I'll be able to be of the same impact in my daughter life.

So.......Dad thank you for a great job done in bring us up.

No comments: