I have adapted the recipe by reducing the yeast from 1 tablespoon to 2 teaspoon as I do not like my crumpets to have strong yeast taste.
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp dry yeast
1 1/2 cup bread flour
1 tsp salt
1. Mix milk, water, sugar and yeast and set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
2. Stir in flour and salt and leave to proof for approx. 45 minutes or until double in bulk.
3. Grease the inner sides of some egg rings and heat up a non-stick pan.
4. Place egg rings on non-stick pan and reduce heat to medium.
5. Into each egg ring, scoop 2 tablespoon of batter.
6. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until small bubbles appearing on the top of crumpets start to burst.
7. Turn the crumpets over and lift off the egg rings and cook for another minute.
8. Remove and serve immediately.
Note : I serve my crumpets with butter and honey. Any leftover can be frozen and toasted before serving.