You may wonder how I keep my prawns fresh for such a long since CNY is was month ago. Well the trick is to submerge the prawns in fresh water and freeze them until cooking time.
Here is my recipe for this prawn noodle.
2 rolls of fresh egg noodles (wanton mee), unroll and deep fry in oil for a few minutes till lightly brown and crispy.
2 large prawns, sliced into halves
1 small bunch of spring onions, cut into 1 inch length
1/2 inch ginger, sliced
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp of water
2 cups chicken stock1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
Mix sauce ingredients together
1. Heat cooking oil in a wok and saute ginger and the white stem of the green onions.
2. Add in prawn and fry till the prawns turn pink.
3. Pour in sauce ingredients together with spring onions and bring to boil.
4. Add in corn flour mixture and when the gravy thickens turn off the fire and stir in the eggs.
5. Pour gravy over the noodle and serve immediately.